Database Fun In The Lab
January 16, 2012 Leave a comment
I got a chance to play around in my lab and rebuild a few things I had been meaning to. One was to separate my vCenter server and its associated database. I split the two into separate servers to give me the flexibility to add other databases on without issue (ex. VUM). I had the SQL box setup and ready to go, but ran into an issue where the installer wouldn’t recognize the DSN I had created. I got an error that read “‘vcenter’ is using an unsupported ODBC driver” and wouldn’t continue. I created the DSN correctly but did not have a 64-bit ODBC driver. So I googled around and found a download for the 64-bit SQL Server Native Client.
Once I installed the driver and recreated the DSN, the install recognized it and allowed me to continue.